WHAT IS & IS NOT INTERFAITH
WHAT INTERFAITH IS
- It is an opportunity for dialogue and understanding.
- It is a way of living with mutual respect and tolerance.
- It is positive recognition of different faiths and traditions.
- It is celebration of the individuality and identity of each tradition.
- It is a forum to help redress injustice due to racial prejudice, religious bigotry and intolerance of disadvantaged minorities.
- It is a partnership of many faith communities and the City of Monash
WHAT INTERFAITH IS NOT
- It is not an opportunity for religious argument.
- It is not an opportunity for conversion and proselytization.
- It is not a forum for exclusive religious claims.
- It is not a compromise of any individual faith tradition.
- It is not a jealous guarding of acquired or presumed rights and privileges.
- It is not the creation of any particular faith community.
MIG Inc AIMS
To create mutual understanding between member groups, and
within the wider community to which our groups belong.
To encourage acceptance of all faith traditions as members
of the Monash Community through understanding and educating
the wider Community about their traditions, beliefs and values.
We aim to do this in a spirit of justice, love, respect and peace,
by sharing our common humanity and expressing our diverse spirituality.