Monash Interfaith Gathering Inc. (MIG Inc)
PROMOTING UNDERSTANDING RESPECT AND COMMUNITY HARMONY
MIG Inc FORTHCOMING EVENTS
COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES / EVENTS
- June 20 @ 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM
The Monash Interfaith Gathering (MIG Inc) was created to contribute to the harmony of the Monash community, by promoting positive relations between people of different faiths, beliefs and cultures, including those with no religious beliefs. The Gathering seeks to build bridges between people through greater public awareness of the teachings, customs and practises of the world diverse faith traditions as practised in Victoria. The MIG recognises that the relationships between people of different faiths and cultures must be grounded in respect and mutual understanding, which support the uniqueness of each tradition and encourage co-operative action. MIG Inc supports the right of individuals in Victoria to freely practise their faith. MIG is open to all individuals who support the aims and objectives of the Gathering.
Youth Forum 24th March 2022
MIG Inc conducted a Youth Forum on 24th March 2022 at which six youth representing Baha’i, Buddhist, Christian Anglican, Hindu, Ismaili Muslim & Jain, shared their faiths and how it impacts on their lives. An impressive group of young people. A small number of visitors attended in person and more than 50 attendees joined online. If you missed the event, you may like to watch the event now. Monash Interfaith Gathering Youth Forum 2022 on Vimeo
Special Guest Speaker : Manpreet Kaur Singh from SBS
Program manager & Journalist of SBS.
- Manpreet is best known as a Walkley-nominated, multi-award winning SBS broadcaster for 28 years.
- Worked across all platforms of journalism : Newspapers, Radio, Magazines, Television and online
- Currently Program manager for SBS overseeing the editorial output of eight language programs
If you missed the event, you may like to watch the event now. https://youtu.be/KuiObBthIkw
Manpreet presentation is followed by : Ruby Lampard, Development Officer of Kara House
Supporting and Empowering Women and Children Impacted by Family Violence
MIG Inc FORUM : 5 Women of Faith – 23/9/2021 (INDIVIDUAL VIDEOS)
My role as a woman in my faith community
– Shares her work to build bridges between communities. (time 24:40)
VIDEO 2. Nirmala Narasimhan – Hindu Temple
– Shares strategies on addressing domestic violence. (time 23:40)
– Shares a Values program run for children of all faiths. (time 23:40)
– Shares how they keep youth and young families engaged in their faith. (time 31:40)
– Shares how “Choir of Hope” addresses social isolation and domestic violence. (time 19:40)
MIG Inc : 5 Women of Faith Forum - My role as a woman in my faith community 23/9/2021 FULL VIDEO - 2h 14m
Youth Forum 25th March 2021
MIG Inc conducted a Youth Forum on 25th March 2021 at which six youth representing Baha’i, Jewish, Brahma Kumaris, Muslim, Christian Coptic and a Humanist shared their faiths and how it impacts on their lives and we all loved Ananya’s spontaneous song at the end.
They were an impressive group of young people. A small number of visitors attended in person and more than 40 attendees joined online. If you missed the event, you may like to watch the event now. https://vimeo.com/521214017
Julian Burnside AO, QC
Address on Refugees – online for MIG Inc on 15 July 2021 (time: 1 hr 14 min)