- This event has passed.
Racism, Understanding Your Rights and Taking Action
July 27 @ 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
One event on July 28, 2021 at 6:30 PM
Manningham, Boroondara and Whitehorse Councils are hosting interactive information sessions to educate and empower our community about racism, understanding rights and taking action.
The online sessions – Racism, Understanding Your Rights and Taking Action – will be delivered by the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission (VEOHRC) and Victoria Police. The sessions will address:
- What does discrimination, vilification and victimisation mean?
- Where to get help and advice
- How to report racism
- Why reporting racism is important
- How to take action against racism
Participants are welcome to ask questions at the end of the session.
– Bookings are essential (a link to the online meeting will be emailed to you once you register).
– A Mandarin-speaking interpreter will be available for our session on 28 July.
– Both session cover the same information.
Session details and Bookings:
Tuesday 27, 6.30pm – 8pm (General session – all welcome)
Bookings – https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/161482776331
Wednesday 28 July, 6.30pm – 8pm (Mandarin interpreter)
Bookings – https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/160171277603
If you have any questions please contact Sarah Martinelli on 0466 932 996.